Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Skin Care - The Cleanser

Hi Everyone~
Here's a quick post on a favorite facial cleanser that I've been using for awhile now.  Believe it or not I've only purchased this product twice so far, and I can say this product lasts for a really long time (like about a year?!).  It's a Japanese product from the brand  Kose.  This brand has been around since 1946 and their goal is "to offer the highest quality cosmetic to each and every customer drawing on their original technologies -- to bring forth the radiance inherently in all women."  You can find this product at Yesstyle.com.
In particular, I am using Kose's Seikisho line.  The Seikisho line states that it  "promotes the purification and clarification of the skin by removing surface impurities and dullness to refine the skin tone, leaving the skin healthy, clean, and smooth."
The Seikisho Facial Soap contains Herbal Extracts such as: Citrus Unshiu Extract, Coix Seed Extract, Angelica Extract, Chamomile Extract


Medicated Seikisho Facial Soap
At first I was bit hesitant to try this product because it was packaged as a bar soap for the face.  I didn't like the fact that the whole product is completely exposed, as oppose to the normal bottled cleansers that I'm more accustomed to.  However as I began trying the bar soap I immediately felt the difference. It was gentle on my skin and it really cleanses thoroughly giving a clean feel.  I try not to wash my face too much in a day because its important for the skin to retain its moisture.  You don't want to overly wash the skin and strip away its natural oils, or the skin will produce even more oil - - - Ultimately leading to more break outs.
So anyway, I try to wash my face with just cold water in the morning, and at night I would use this facial soap for a thorough cleanse before I go to bed.  I would use this soap more only if I'm feeling especially oily that day or it's summer time. 

My Use:  I would work up a small lather with the soap on my hands, and gently massage my face all over with the lather for about a minute then rinse with warm water.  I would then follow up with applying my other moisturizers.

My Results: The product claims to refine the skin to remove melanin & excessive sebum, and provide hydration to keep the skin looking smooth, transparent, & radiant.  Since using this product, I have noticed that my skin tone and texture has improved overall.  I used to have many tiny clogged pores on my forehead and was worried it may all turn into acne spots, but fortunately the soap has cleansed my skin thoroughly to a point that the clogged pores have now disappeared. So happy...