Monday, February 7, 2011

Love, LA

As I was driving around town today.  I started to realize...my goodness LA is having such great weather at this moment!! After having some months of rain and wind, it's now starting to feel like spring time already. The skies are blue and everything seems to be in full bloom.  It certainly was a gorgeous February day.
Traffic was calm and I was enjoying my drive. ^^


I love old buildings with interesting windows. 


I snapped this in front of a supermarket.  lol   Cherry blossoms in full bloom!!

So anyway...here are some drugstore products that I picked up
Top: St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control Middle: Revlon Colorburst Lipstick 070 Soft Nude Bottom: Cover Girl Professional Mascara in Clear


St Ives Apricot  Scrub 
I needed an exfoliater for quite some time now but just didn't know which product to purchase.  I didn't want to go high end for a face scrub with no nutrient; and besides the scrub is going to be washed away during the process.  I was looking for something natural, and at the same time effective.
Came across St Ives and so I  decided to give it a try.  It was quite inexpensive (about $4), and it had a pleasant apricot smell. What really caught my attention was that it is oil-free, with salicylic acid,  and  had 100% natural extracts.  It's not tested on animals and is formulated without parabens or phthlates.  I was like ok..let's give this a try.  That same night, I cleansed my face with my cleanser, and proceeded to try this product.  I added a dime size of exfoliant and began gently working in circular motions around my face for about 1 minute or less.  I plan on using this about twice a week or less, because  I don't want to over scrub. The direction, however, does say use 3-4 times/week - - I don't think I'm going to do that.  The face is far too gentle to be scrubbed that much, unless you have oily prone skin and/or sweat a lot.

So far, I'm pleased with the results.  Really like the fresh clean scent, and my face so far looks more translucent and less chalky.  I hope the results will stay positive.

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick
This was a fun purchase to try Revlon's Colorburst line.  The soft nude color goes great with dramatic eye make up.  I'm not sure if I like the color of the lipstick yet bc I haven't given it much of a try.  However, I do like the feel of the lipstick...it's fairly smooth without my lips feeling too dry.  For lipsticks, I do feel it's a trial & error process to find the perfect color for a perfect match with your complexion.

Cover Girl Professional Mascara
I used this particular product when I was in high school.  I feel that it's nothing special, just a light hold of mascara.  Got this clear color mascara to use on my eyebrows so it will stay in place.

~~Well this is it for now. Talk soon!