Sunday, April 10, 2011

Let's talk Eyes

Daily stress or lack of sleep will keep you away from looking your best.  It's a struggle to look refreshed with flawless skin daily, & it gets harder as we age.  That's why it's important to have a good regimen for pampering as well as protecting your skin.

Lately, I've been looking at different methods for brightening the dark circles under the eyes.   A lot of people talk about DIY methods for skin brightening and such.  Here are some that I found and would like to share with you guys. I wonder how well they work....


POTATOES contain a chemical called catecholase, a skin lightener.
Directions: Grate some potatoes and wrap in a cloth and place over eyes -OR- you can use some cotton balls and soak it into some potato juice and place it over to brighten the dark circles under your eyes.
Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant that protects against dark-circle inducing UV Rays.    
       Lemon is a natural lightener for the skin.  Directions: Blend equal parts of tomato and lemon juice and apply on to under eye area.  Be careful not to put it too close to eyes or it will burn
Spoon  - Directions: put two teaspoons in the fridge until they are chilled.  Then apply one on each eye for 10 minutes.  The cold spoons will help shrink dilated and discolored blood vessels.

I think at home remedies are great because they are natural & economical.  The old saying goes you are what you eat and is indeed a good mantra to go by.  Organic fruits and vegetables are good for you inside and out.  Can't really go wrong with nature's best. 

On a different note.  It doesn't hurt to try beauty products to see which outcome is the best.  OR a combination should be more beneficial?

Here's a  Mini Review for the Garnier Nutritioniste -Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller


This review is a continuation of my previous post about the Garnier Nutritioniste: Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller.  So I've been using the Garnier Nutritioniste: Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller for a little more than a week now. I can say it is working for me and I am confidently adding this to my daily regimen.  I like how there is a metal ball roll on for application.  It's like a mini massage for my eyes and the coldness of the ball really feels refreshing! After using this product for a week, I do feel that my eyes are less puffy and I notice I do apply less eye concealer.  I still have dark circles though.  Hopefully it will slowly diminish.
Sorry I have no before pictures or progressing pictures to show my results.  I didn't really think I'd do a progress check for this product.